Proposal to support Classic Kevin's ETC efforts with community funds

Proposal

Use funds from community multisig to support classic Kevin’s etc evangelism work for the first 2 quarters of fy 19 by either a lump sum payment or bi weekly withdrawal to a wallet controlled by Kevin or paid to IOHK for services rendered.

Background

Classic Kevin has been a trusted and respected member of the community since inception and was previously part of the “classic is coming” campaign and has worked as iohk’s community relations manager since the first ETC summit. His personal dedication to ETC and focus on user experience has been unquestionably essential in the past present and future of etc. As the future of the scope of iohk’s involvement in ETC is unclear, Kevin’s role should be secured.

Recommended Time frame

Discussion:
Dec 21st - Jan 12th

5 Likes

As long as one help for ETC eco to grow up und do it good, I am always for support. Therefore, I am for to support Kevin’s work.

And thx you for opening this topic.

For the short one year I’ve been around ETC. I support this proposal 100%.

I say yes. Bi weekly or monthly transfer I think is best. Should there be a change during the first two quarters then neither part is tied up for the whole period.

Is this a sure thing yet or are you antecipating it? If it’s not a sure thing yet, I think 12th of January is a bit early as a timeframe, specially with the the new year around the corner.

I think the funding chould be considered without regards to eventualities. This is at its core ‘community’ work and could be seen as a positive use of the community funds even if development costs are offset by a treasury. The work is difficult to scope, and even more difficult to gig work out.

Thank you for the proposal Dontpanic. Kevin has been a positive force in ETC and I agree with using community funds but only in case IOHK confirms their plans to terminate paying Kevin.

On the other hand, I would also prefer to use the community funds to develop a community funding platform (e.g. fundonomy) or something similar that will benefit the community long term. Not sure about the feasibility of it and costs involved etc…

1 Like

I hope IOHK doesn’t leave but if they do, sure, Kevin is one of the greatest supporters around and am definitely supporting this.

Although I don’t support the maintenance of a community fund in general, I do support this initiative in particular as I agree Kevin is a key and consistent contributor to ETC community relations. I agree with the proposal as stated.

In the future I suggest a funding mechanism on a per-project basis, rather than a standing multipurpose fund.

3 Likes

I also agree with this proposal.

I am absolutely moved by this incredible gesture. Your respect and appreciation means the world @anthony, @Dontpanic, @DonaldMcIntyre, @bakon, @CryptoHolon @a.s and everyone else. You have no idea how much this means to me and it would sure beat the $500 (or 1 bcash worth) I received from KeepDoingNothing after the ETCisComing takeover and fallout. lol

While I do appreciate this incredible offer, I think this would be better spent on other areas such as community meetups or gatherings. Currently I am working with IOHK who still maintains a position in the ETC ecosystem, but they pay me.

I say keep the funds in a multi-sig controlled by the custodians already in place but to actively deploy the funds. I think it could be as simple as setting up a few parameters for proposals and letting the community organize meetups using funds to support costs of possible expenses or marketing even materials. Let me know what your ideas are.

1 Like

Kevin, if you are financially “supplied”, then it is wonderfull!

With the suggestion to finance another ETC eco sectors, as you probably already know, I am open always for the discussions and if it is in the interest of the ETC community, I am for it too.

Have a nice day :wink:

PS: If you need any financial support from the community funds in the future, you have my support.

1 Like

Thanks! I was thinking something along the lines of an “Ambassador Program.” We can incentivize members to step up and become ambassadors of Ethereum Classic at events and meetups.

Love this idea. Ive got a few thoughts on it and would love to help with this initiative

1 Like